Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Moving Day for Ovie

We had to find Ovie a new, much higher place to put his fishbowl. This morning Jax knocked the whole thing over and poor Ovie was laying on his side on Mark's carpet. He must have had a heart attack looking up and see Jax without glass between them! Thankfully I was able to get to him in time and dump him back into the 2" of water that was left in the bowl. Since I was panicking I missed and dropped him back onto the carpet first (sh...don't tell Mark) Ovie's alive and well with only a minor rip in his flowing red tail.

FYI: Fish don't die immediately after they are dumped out of their water. I was in the kitchen when I heard the thump and by the time I clued in to what it was and ran upstairs at least a minute had passed.

No comments: