Monday, November 01, 2010

Happy Halloween

We had the greatest Halloween last night. Mark decided to dress up like a nerd. When he made that decision I said "Let's go and see what Dad has in his closet" Mike heard me and yelled out "You won't find anything nerdy in MY closet!!" Lo and behold we found a shirt and a tie :)
Mark had part of the shirt pulled out his zipper and with my old sunglass frames wrapped in tape, his hair gelled and parted in the centre and the funny things he said he pulled off being a nerd quite well! Of course we teased him terribly that no one will be able to tell he was any different than his usual self!

And Jade went as a Chinese girl! Seriously.
When Winners opened their new store in August Debbie and I were there and when we saw the costume we knew I had to get it. We debated whether or not you can dress a Chinese girl up as a Chinese girl for Halloween but she loved the idea and wasn't at all offended. She looked gorgeous. Seriously, she took my breath away. Mike was kind of shocked when he saw her in makeup and said something about buying a shotgun!

Craig and Ryan trick or treated as Tigger and Pooh. They were adorable but were a little standoffish when they saw the kids. Actually Mark kind of freaked Ryan out! He hid behind Jeff. Ron and Pam were already here with their girls so the house was full of kids and it was a little loud and scarey for the boys! Click here to see the awesome treat bags Tammy made for the kids. She's the most creative person I know!

Pam and I filled our insulated mugs with Baileys and After Eight hot chocolate and took the girls out trick or treating (Mark went with his friends) It was coooolllllldddddd. Kaitlyn had fishnet stockings on her legs and refused to put her sweatpants on until after we went by the house where the guy she's crushing on lives.
After trick or treating the kids dumped all their loot on the floor and inspected it all. They were trading the stuff they don't like with stuff they do and there was candy flying all over the living room.



Pam and I were commenting on how different the candy is now from when we were kids. Our kids get mostly chocolate bars and chips. We used to get those awful Halloween kisses. I don't think they even make those anymore. One house gave out money and the kids were so excited to get a handful of money.

More pictures:





Jade dressed Jax up as a Chinese cat :)


1 comment:

Michelle said...

Jade looked beautiful!! Miss C dressed up as Mulan for school and was very proud to be a Chinese Princess.

We also had a very chilly night ... I however didn't have the foresight to take a warm drink! Miss I. joined her friends from school this year ... and I missed her!

Loved your post!!