I'm catching up here....3 posts in one day! We spent the long weekend in Washington, touring the Smithsonian and shopping. On Saturday we went to the Air and Space Museum and the Museum of American History. Both were very interesting places to visit and they were free to get into! We saw Dorothy's shoes from The Wizard of Oz:
This was the view outside our hotel window. Since it was raining on Sunday, the boys went on their own to see some memorials and Jade and I did some shopping. We strolled through Tiffany(fun...), tried on $200 shoes at Bloomingdales (fun...) hit a good sale at Gap Kids and I treated Jade to a manicure given by a Korean woman named Nam. On Monday Mike and Mark went to the Spy Museum. Jade was tired of walking so we stayed back....and did some more shopping.
Mark beside Amelia Earhart's coat, inspiration for Night at the Museum 2:
Apollo 11 Capsule:
Spirit of St. Louis:
Looking at the Capitol Building from the monument:
Looking at the monument from the Capitol Building:
(we walked that huge stretch...well all of us except for Jade who was piggybacked for most of it)

2 comments:
Great pics!!! looks like you had a wonderful time. Its a great place to visit. Either Matt or MA went there on their grade 8 school trip, think it was Matt. They loved it.
lots to see.
I'm so glad y'all had a good trip! I hope nothing disappointed... well, except for the weather... because we all KNOW that DC weather in August stinks. I just hope it wasn't too oppressively hot for y'all.
Post a Comment