Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Toronto Trip

Our family went to Toronto with Pam's family to watch the Jays lose and to see The Sound of Music. We had a great time, except that Mike and Mark thought there was too much singing in the Sound of Music! I thought it was a great show. I don't remember ever seeing the entire movie beginning to end so I didn't know that it was not exactly as the movie was. Pam knows the movie so she knew what was mixed up in the show. I think she liked it anyway but it's like seeing a movie after reading the book and the book is always better. (except for Twilight...the book sucked but the movie was good....and the movie wasn't even all that good! I know, I'm one of the few who thinks the books are terrible.)






If you want to see some action during the night in downtown Toronto, you don't even have to go outside. After we put the kids to bed, we sat in the hallway between our 2 rooms and had a visit. We saw a drunk lady get locked out of her room, we saw a hooker leaving a room, we saw a man and a pimp enter a room, the pimp leaving and then returning with what we figure was what the man in the room ordered (that was disturbing because it was a young adult man and I felt like I should have been calling the cops or something). A couple walked by us and the guy said Hi and when we said Hi back the girl turned and told us "Don't talk to him!" They went into their room and we could hear her yelling and swearing....2am Sunday morning. We had to whisper because we were told by the lady in the room next to us that we were too loud. After she slammed her door we could hear her and her friends laughing and having a great time in her room. People.....strange, strange people.
We all had a great weekend. Good times with good friends.



1 comment:

Marla said...

LOL @ too much singing! :)

That hotel experience sounded absolutely frightening!