We are smart people....we knew it was going to rain, but that didn't stop us and our friends from dragging the trailers out for one last weekend of camping. Mike built a shelter out of tarps and we sat under it with our Smirnoffs and our snacks and had probably one of our nicest camping days ever. All of us adults felt zero guilt for just sitting around...I mean, what else could we do right? We gabbed and laughed for 10 hours straight!!
The 5 kids didn't let the rain stop them either. They were soaked to the skin and filthy from the mud but they were having way too much fun playing in the rain to make them stop.
Our perfect little sheltered area was starting to flood so these 3 beautiful engineers dug a trench to keep us dry.
Somehow Mike kept the fire going all day. Even in downpours the fire never sizzled out. For being such a crappy day everything couldn't have been more perfect.

2 comments:
I can't believe that you make camping in the rain look like fun! You are one special family!
How fun, Sherri!
I so wish that I were more of an outdoorsy girl. It looks like such fun. I know the kids loved it and am glad you guys did, too.
Post a Comment