The tragic story of the Chap*man family is on many minds today. I cannot imagine how their son is feeling. My heart breaks for the entire family, but especially for this young man who must be devasted far beyond what is imaginable. I cried when I watched the video...for the loss of a little girl....
Anyway, one thing I noticed when reading many blogs was that there was no outcry about Maria being "adopted" It was noted on the family's blog that she was one of 6 children - one of the 3 who were adopted. Usually these kind of comments cause some people a lot of stress....like it's shameful to be an adopted child/adoptive parent because you did not come of the family "naturally" (meaning by birth). I have not come across one irate person claiming that the child should have just been listed as one of 6 children. Stop. at. that. Is it because the little girl is gone so let's not cause any more stress. Or is it because it's finally ok to be "labelled" as adopted.
Anyway, that is just what I was wondering today as I thought about Maria and how her adoption story is just as important as her brother's birth story is and how every story should be celebrated as it is. How she came to belong to her family is her story and as long as she belonged with that family who the H#*& cares how she got there.
And it was nice to have a day where there was no controversy on the whole "I can't believe they said she was adopted...." thing
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Sad Story
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment