Thursday, April 03, 2008

Meet Wormy

The Brownies invited the Sparks who are moving up in the fall to join them for a Brownie meeting. Jade has been hesitant about being a Brownie so this was her opportunity to see what it was all about. Well, it was a hit! She was jumping up and down and asking me to sign her up for Brownies before we left the building!

She made this caterpillar, which she says "I know it's a caterpillar but I want to name it Wormy" It's filled with potting soil and grass seed and she is supposed to water it everyday. The grass will grow through the nylon and her caterpillar will be green and fuzzy!


We will take pictures of Wormy as the grass grows. I'm sure you are all just dying to see the end result!! LOL!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

That sounds like a fun project. Charlotte would love that! I'll look forward to watching him "grow".

missy said...

I can't wait to watch Wormy grow. This looks like a fun project to do with my first graders. We just studied plants. I am glad Jade is excited about being a Brownie. Paige was one for two years and it was great fun!

Anonymous said...

Brownies is great great fun..Jade will love it!. Mary-Anne loved
brownies . I was pregnant for Mike when she was a brownie and guess who Brown Owl was????? HA HA..YUP ME!!!.. Imagine that!.