Tonight Jade was reading her book to me and in the story the girl ruined a tablecloth that came all the way from Ireland. At this point Jade becomes quite excited and says
"Ireland! That's Mrs. Hughes home planet!!"
Well, I laughed. It was so cute and adorable and innocent and I couldn't help myself. But it devastated and embarassed Jade and I think it broke her heart. She hid under her blankets and wouldn't come out. And she was crying. I couldn't convince her that I was sorry for laughing. I hope I didn't destroy something.....but it was just soooo funny. And it still is....but now I feel soooo guilty.
And speaking about other planets...I felt like perhaps I was from another planet earlier this afternoon when a young girl, lets say 20 years old, came to the house to give us an estimate on windows. This girl did not look at me once. She flirted with Mike the whole entire time she was here.....I kept sticking my finger in my mouth like I was going to throw up and Mike just laughed loudly along with her, and grinned at me. I heard her comment when she went into our bedroom to measure our windows "This is a nice big bedroom" Somehow if an old man came to measure the windows this wouldn't have sounded as wierd as it did coming from her.

No comments:
Post a Comment