We were unable to make it camping last weekend (I feel fine now, thanks!) so this weekend was our first one out. Mike and Mark went on Friday afternoon early since it was a PD day and there was no school. They were quite excited to be out there by themselves with no girls around. Unfortunately for them it was raining and they couldn't do anything outside until 1pm Saturday afternoon.
Jade had her sleepover, which she didn't sleep over at, on Friday night. I picked the party girl up at 11pm. On Saturday she had a birthday party and when it was over we headed to the park to meet the boys. They had spent the afternoon exploring and bike riding around the park. It is our favourite park to camp at and it felt so good to be back.
There was a huge sandpit beside our campsite that Jade spent some time in building a sand turtle family.
Mike sneaking in a cuddle from Jade.
Jade stealing the comfy chair. I told her that she reminded me of when we went camping when I was a kid and our dog used to steal the lounger lawn chair everytime my mom got up off of it.
Climbing a tree. This is how I found Mark when we arrived at the park.
We had a great night for a fire. It was calm and clear. An old raccoon came up and shared some peanuts with Mike. And then he tried to steal the container right off the chair beside Mike! Mike is too quick though to let a coon steal his peanuts!

2 comments:
Sounds like you had a great weekend! I love your camping pictures ... looks very relaxing.
Sounds like fun, it will be nice when we will be able to join you guys camping again.
Tammy
Post a Comment