Saturday, January 13, 2007

A Happy Morning

This morning I went on a little trip to visit my good friend Deb and her little boys. (Her husband was working, so he wasn't there..maybe next time.) I have not seen her in (I'm ashamed to admit this) almost 3 years! But, I suppose in our 30 years as friends there have been times where we have been apart for long stretches of time, considering we have never lived in the same city together. We have a very special relationship. I can't explain it because it's different from any other friendship that I have. We have never shared common friends, common jobs, we never even went to any schools together, it's just one of those relationships that was meant to be and to last forever.

Her oldest son, who is almost 3, followed his (very proud) grandpa around. He helped him fix a vacuum and then told him that he could have his little brother! When we told him he would miss his brother, he just waved at little bro and said goodbye!

Her little guy was busy checking out his surroundings, He was trying to get down the hallway to help fix the vacuum, but a fan was blowing and as soon as the wind hit his face he would cry and cry. He's not a big fan of fans! So Grandma picked him up and carried him down the hall so he could help too. I was thrilled to meet him! Her boys are adorable and obviously the love of her life. She's a good mom!

Deb's stepmom is an awesome baker and she brought a chocolate...to die for...cake. When they dropped me off they offered to share, so Mike, Mark and Jade all got to experience a little piece of heaven! Thanks Betty for sharing.

Thanks for letting me join you this morning. I truly appreciate it and of course loved seeing Deb! All my memories of Deb make me smile...

In the picture Deb is the tall blond...

1 comment:

Michelle said...

It looks like a beautiful friendship! :-)