Saturday, December 16, 2006

There's a Rumour Going Around....

Mark informed me last night about a rumour going around his school that Santa Claus is really "your parents"! I told him that rumour went around when I was a kid, and likely when dad was a kid too. I asked him who he heard that from...."Tyler" (not his real name!)....I should have known! Tyler also told him some other stuff that he was going to find out about anyway, but not until I was ready for him to find out. I know he is at the age where I am trying to squeeze at least 1 more year of Christmas magic for him, and I should really be honest with him....but once it is truly a known fact, Christmas will never be the same for him again.

So, I reminded Mark about Christmas 2 years ago, when we found pictures of Santa in our house. We were looking at our Christmas pictures on the camera when we found all these pictures of Santa. I was not impressed that he had put his dirty old boots on my kitchen table...(he apologized in his letter to Mark last year for that). We all came to the conclusion that Santa brings some kind of helper with him because someone had to have taken the pictures. Mark looked over all these pictures and I think he's hooked again....cross your fingers!









No comments: