Tuesday, October 10, 2006

A Wedding and Thanksgiving

Congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. Scott and Mary-Anne Panek!! I remember my cousin Mary-Anne as a newborn baby, and here she is a beautiful bride! Cathy and I went together and we had a great time. It was fun seeing everyone again. It's always a great time when we all get together. I've enjoyed seeing all my cousin's kids and getting to know them. Like Tom's kids, who are adorable. And Ella, who is sooo sweet. She sounded like she was saying "hi" to Mary-Anne as she was walking down the aisle. Ella even danced, in her mother's arms, with us! She was mesmerized by the colourful disco ball! So this was my first trip to Windsor. The wedding was at 3 and we made it with 1 min to spare. Yes, we literally got there at 2:59! Thanks to Cath who does not have a problem speeding her little Vibe down country roads to get to the church on time!! We would have had a 2hr wait at the bridge if we had have taken the shorter American Way. On the way home, we got to experience the night life in Downtown Detroit. Holy crap....I must say, I watch toooo much Detroit news on TV because I was freaking out a little bit until we found the highway to get us home!
Above is a picture of sweet little Ella with her mom and dad Jim and Sue. And below is Cathy and I. These pics are from Anne and Dan's wedding in July.
So, while Cathy and I were having fun in Windsor, Mike was up north with the kids and his dad and Mary Jane at the trailer. I had 2 days at home...peaceful days!! I could eat what and when I wanted, have the tunes on as loud as I wanted, watched what I wanted on TV. I even watched a movie I've had laying around for a while! And the weather was so nice, I put my shorts on and did some stuff outside. The cat was my buddy! When my family came home, I had a nice turkey dinner cooking. And seeing it's Thanksgiving....I'm thankful for my family and friends and that we are all healthy and live easy, fun lives. We are not in a war zone, nor do we have a leader who should be impeached! We have safe food, and in large quantities, and we do not have to work excessively hard for our basic needs. I'm thankful we live in an area where we experience all the seasons of the year (although winter could be substantially shorter) and we can send our kids to schools where we feel safe leaving them day after day. I'm thankful that my kids are good kids, who are generous and kind to others.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!! PEACE!!
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: