Fun Dip still exists!!! It has 2 sticks made of pure sugar instead of 1, and it has 3 flavours of pure sugar instead of 2 but it is still in existance and it was in my kitchen!!
I love it when my kids do, or have something that reminds me of my childhood. Mike was feeling nostalgic himself recently and bought a case of "Wink". Mark thought it was funny when we were telling him that a pop cost a dime, and if you took the bottle back to the store you could trade it for money! It honestly does not seem like that long ago that we were collecting pop bottles!
The kids today have dollar stores, which are awesome. If we ever had a dollar...which were paper by the way...we felt rich. If you were to spend it at the store, you could buy pop, chips and candy...and enough to share with your friend!! Remembering our corner store right now, I remember a machine that used to check your tv picture tubes...wierd the things you remember!! I wonder what our kids will remember 30 years from now....what could be cooler than DVD players in your SUV, cell phones that take pictures, huge tv's, the internet....will they think that all that stuff is hokie?
I'll leave you with another nostalgic blast from my childhood.....A&W Root Beer Floats....yum!


No comments:
Post a Comment