Saturday, March 13, 2010

Jade's 9th Birthday

The excitement about turning 9 was felt for weeks around here. Jade had many ideas of how she wanted to celebrate and just when she picked out one way she would change her mind and plan something totally different! She settled on having 3 of her closest friends over for dinner and then a trip to the show to see Alice in Wonderland in 3D. The girls she picked do not know each other as they are her friends from 3 different parts of her life. E is her BFF, K is a girl from the school (the only girl from school she wanted) and H is her friend from the arena. Her brother is on Mark's hockey team and neither girl likes sitting in an arena watching hockey so they have become really good friends. Not knowing how the party would go with all the girls being strangers I was a little worried but I did not have to be. They all got along fabulously and Jade was most attentive at making sure that no one felt left out.
This is a picture of Jade's lovely cake. It sucks I know. I made her a pull apart cupcake cake that did. not. work. at. all. I cannot bake anything in a silicone pan and that is the last and final time I will ever try it. It just frustrates the h*ll out of me and leaves me as annoyed as I get when I make pastry or shortbread. So, needless to say she ended up with a few round cupcakes and a couple of odd shaped cupcakes I managed to salvage.
Oddly, she didn't even seem to mind....


Modelling the 3D glasses :)


This is our cat Toonces. This is how we see him most of the day now. Staring at his food bowl. We thought he was going to die a month ago and we had to feed him food and water from a turkey baster. We then gave him some canned food which he just thinks is heaven in a can. He will not touch his dry food at all now. He just meows and stares at this bowl of food day in and day out waiting for it to be refilled. And he's so sloppy, hence the paper towel under the bowl. He pushes all the chunks out of the bowl with his nose to get the good gravy stuff.


3 comments:

missy said...

Happy Birthday sweet Jade! Wow, 9 years old is a big one. One more year til' the double digits :)

Glad she had a fun party! Love the pics and your cat is too cute, too! :)

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Happy Birthday Jade!! It looks like you had a fabulous celebration:)

xo,

Lisa

Michelle said...

Happy belated birthday beautiful Jade!