Monday, August 31, 2009

Condensed Version of August

Today is the last day of summer vacation. This is the first year in my memory that school starts before Labour Day. Summer has flown by incredibly fast but I think we did a lot, considering the weather hasn't been perfect. In fact, I heard that this summer was called "Bummer Summer" Arctic man Mike liked it though.

We had some visitors in August. Deb's husband had some business here so he dropped her off for the day and we spent 6 fun filled hours together. I didn't want to give her back when Paul came for her! We could have definitely filled in another 6 hours easily! Jade took some pics of us and except for the look on my face, I like this one. It's great of Deb but I was obviously trying to figure something out.


A very rare pic of me and the kids, taken by Deb.


Another great day of company was when Anne and her family came for a BBQ in early August. There are 2 new babies in the family and both came to see us.

Baby Sean was hanging out with us, watching all the action. Jade was feeding all the babies and she just loved having that job. Someday she will be a fabulous babysitter. I'd hire her in a minute.



Mike won a boat cruise in Toronto through one of his suppliers. We put our name in for at least a dozen prizes and they called my name for one of the door prizes. We were so excited....pretty sure it was a Wii. Sadly, but totally my luck, it was a box of foil! After the cruise we did a pub crawl up to our hotel and then met Cathy, Pete, Uncle Dave and Aunt Judy for a nice dinner.



Mark had a second little birthday party with his friends. Mike took 5 boys golfing! The golf course only charged him $20. That was a bonus. I love the smile on Mark's face in the pic below. He's so cute!




Jade and Em at the beach. They call each other BFF and they spent most of their summer days together.



We spent a Sunday afternoon at the Detroit Zoo. It's a nice park, not nearly as big as the Toronto Zoo but lots to see. We did the whole thing in under 4 hours.






We spent last weekend camping at Karen and Ed's. They live on the beach and we parked the trailer in their backyard. We had rain Friday night, but that didn't stop the men and Mark from having a fire! They lit off some pretty fireworks too.



A few golf balls went into the lake!



The view from Karen's deck. Their yard is huge! Our trailer looks tiny.



We were able to have a little beach time on Saturday. Jade worked hard on her sand castle city.


I started this post this morning and am just finishing it now at 9:10 pm!! It's extremely condensed!





1 comment:

Anne said...

Great pictures Sherri, looks like you had a good summer. Weather was odd but I didn't mind, we hardly had to turn our air on all summer. We h ad a great time visiting all of you..we all agree we have to get together more often. September 1st.. yikes.. time goes way too fast!