Monday, July 13, 2009

Shout it Out Loud

The fascination started about 10 years ago. Kiss had a Farewell Tour concert on the satellite and Mike and Mark, who was 2 years old, would sit on the couch and watch it over and over and over again. We fast forwarded through Gene's blood eating part! Mark's favourite song was Shout it Out Loud and one day at nursery school, his teacher Maria asked the kids what song they wanted to sing and Mark said "I know...Shout It Out Loud"

Mark and Trever danced in their diapers to the video and loved the part where Ace got his guitar smoking. "Smoke that guitar Ace" they would yell at the tv in their cute little baby voices.


When Santa asked Mark what he likes to do, his reply was "I watch the Tiss concert with my dad"

When we found out Kiss was coming to town we bought our tickets and prepared Mark for what he was going to see (and smell) at his first huge concert. The concert was amazing. I have never seen a better concert in my life and I'm sure I never will. Mark was entranced.....it never lost his attention once. Those old guys played for over 2 hours non stop. He didn't smell anything he shouldn't have (at least he didn't know it) and because we were at the front in VIP he didn't see anything he shouldn't have either. Kiss didn't drop one F bomb. The whole thing was fantastic.

There are many more pics on Facebook.



Here are Mark and Trever during Shout it Out Loud. I was hoping to get one of them dancing but they didn't really dance. They sang the song though!

That's Mike in the Kiss T shirt. Mark gave it to him for Christmas a long time ago and it's the first time he wore it.


Spongspongspong (whoever that is) posted some great videos on You Tube. Just search Kiss at Bayfest. The opening song "Deuce" still gives me chills when I watch it.


2 comments:

Marla said...

OMG, how fun!!! Glad y'all had a blast!

a Tonggu Momma said...

We went to a concert this past weekend, too! But it was about as far from Kiss as you can get - Billy Joel isn't exactly hard rock. LOL. Glad y'all had a good time. And your pictures are SO MUCH better than mine.