Today is the first Monday of summer holidays! Thursday was the last day of school and both kids passed with flying colours. I cannot believe I have a child in grade 7 now. 2 more years and then I will have a child in high school. That is just not possible......
Thursday was the first day of me hearing "but it's summer...." to try and manipulate me into letting them have whatever they want.
Thursday evening the kids were playing in the sprinkler with Mark's girlfriend, oops, I mean the neighbour who calls him constantly, Alex. She lives across the street and they get along fabulously. In fact, Mark didn't mind being with her when we wouldn't let him go to the show with 6 other boys without a parent. He was upset at first, but understood when I told him that there were definitely some kids he could go to the show with without a parent, but there were a couple of boys going who there was no way he would be going with. Mike told him if he got kicked out he wouldn't ever be allowed in again and would he like that? He didn't complain so I'm sure he agrees that there could have been some trouble!
- Mark has been asking everyone "Did you know Michael Jackson was black when he was a kid?"He was genuinely surprised when he saw pictures of him when he was young.
- This morning I said to Jade "I smell something cooking" She replied "It's probably my leg, I'm sitting in the sun"

4 comments:
OMG, your kids crack me up! Welcome to summer finally, need me to send some 100 degree temps up your way? We'll be happy to share. :)
Have a great week!
You have a comedy team in your house!!! They are so funny. I know summer will be great for all of you, its my favorite time of year.
Mark and Jade are absolutely HILARIOUS!!! I am glad that they are enjoying their summer so far. Ours is coming to an end...sniff, sniff :I
The kids have grown so much. I can not believe that Mark is going into grade 7. He is an intermediate now. I love that he was surprised the Michael Jackson was black. Too funny. Ejoy your summer fun.
Deb
Post a Comment