On Tuesday we celebrated our 7th Gotcha/Forever family day. It is amazing to me that it has been that long already. We were in the restaurant at the Dolton Hotel in Changsha with 9 other families when we received Jade. Her orphange was the last to arrive so we were able to watch some of the other families rejoice in their daughters before ours arrived. The emotions were high and I was crying, in fact I was so caught up in what was going on I missed Jade's name being called and they gave her to Mike.
We like to celebrate our family day by having a special meal. We all have to agree on what it will be. My family loves my cooking sooooo much that they picked take out. Harvey's hamburgers was our very special Family Day meal. At least I didn't have to cook and the clean up was especially easy....
Jade and I baked whoopie pies for dessert.
The wait for Jade was long. There was a ton of paperwork, a ton of nosy intruding questions to be answered. 13 months of waiting from the time our file was logged in until our referral (which is about 2 years shorter than the current wait) but it was what we had to do to get our daughter and so we did it. I am thankful every day for her, for the fun child that she is, for the healthy child she is and even the inquisitive child she is!
"If you smile on her, she will smile on you"
-from Jade's orphanage report, Sept 2001, age 6 months

2 comments:
What a great day of celebration!! I am sure it is hard to believe that it has been seven years....the time just goes by so quickly!!
Your whoopie pies sounded good...they are one of Nick's favorite desserts!! Someone made them for Christmas and brought them to a family gathering and he almost ate the entire tray!!
That little saying is just perfect....they obviously knew her well....that smile could light up a room!!
Hope you enjoyed your special family day!
Lisa
Happy Happy Family Day. She sure soes put a smile on you. Beautiful.
I imagine that the past seven years have gone by fast and have been filled with such joy.
All our best
Post a Comment