Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008

I hope everyone has a Happy New Year!

2009.....wow, unbelievable. I remember vividly being a little girl and trying really hard to imagine the year 2000 and here it is 2009.....


It was 8 years ago tonight that Mike turned all the power off at midnight to make us think the world was coming to an end (remember Y2K....storing canned goods and water!!) Pam and I were so very close to being suckered in when we looked out the window and all the neighbours had power.

We are having a skating party tonight. The ice is in good shape and the temp is -5.5 degrees C with a windchill making it feel like -13. Brrrr......I will be watching from the kitchen window. Yes, like usual :)

Drink responsibly!! Don't drink and drive!!!

Happy, Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Marla said...

LOL @ hubby turning off the lights, that's hilarious!

Happy New Year to you and your adorable family!

Anonymous said...

I know you had a great time last night , great way to bring in the new year!. You have never told me that story about Mike and the Y2K..I laughed right out loud. I remember that year, Dan and I went out for the evening..and left flashlights and bottled water on the dining room table for the kids. We wern't all bad!. HAHA.
Happy New Year Sherri!