Saturday started off with Mark's hockey game which was edge of your seat excitement. It ended up being a tie game...the ref blew the whistle to end the game at exactly 10:30am with 52 seconds left on the clock, Mark standing right in front of the net and the puck coming right at him. He threw his arms up in disbelief and shook his head a number of times. He would have broken the tie I'm sure. The coach is very proud of him. He has himself a nickname now "Wheels" because he's pretty fast on his skates. After the game we headed to the trailer and enjoyed very, very warm weather.
- Jade just loves her Grandpa. After pushing her on the swing for hours, he listened to her read Dr. Seuss books to him. Jade's teacher's favourite author is Dr. Seuss so Jade has been reading all of our books again. She picked 10 of them to put in her backpack to take to the trailer. Do you know how heavy 10 Dr. Seuss books are?!?!
- On Thanksgiving weekend 2 years ago I didn't go with Mike and the kids up north because my cousin was getting married. Because the mean ol' mom was away, fun loving dad bought a pellet gun. It's really not dangerous, but a gun is a gun, right? So, you will find me nowhere near this when they pull it out to shoot at empty cans.
- We all went for a long hike in the woods. Jade found a grasshopper and put him in a jar and we all had to take turns carrying him. Jade also lost a tooth while we were away. She was quite shocked that the tooth fairy left Canadian money because we were in the states.
- Mark wanted some exercise, so we let him run behind the truck! I took this shot from inside the truck with the back opened. Jade and I were cheering him on and he did run a lot farther than I ever dreamed he would....and farther than I ever could run!
- Sometimes it's fun to light the fire the old fashioned way with a stone and a flint.
I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving.

5 comments:
That looks like so much fun and what gorgeous fall colors in the background! (we go from green to brown here so I guess I have foliage envy, LOL)
Glad you had a great Thanksgiving!
Sounds like a fantastic weekend!!
What a beautiful spot to get away on the weekends...very peaceful looking!
Tell Wheels there is always next time for the goal...hang in there!!
Lisa
So glad that your thanksgiving weekend was fun packed.
Grandpas are the best of pals! My girls so enjoy ours too!
Have a wonderful week.
It sounds like you had a great weekend. I love the picture of Jade on the swing with the trees in the background. It is beautiful. I also love Mark running behind the truck and the picture of Mike`s Dad with the kids. The background in your pictures is spectacular. Jade is so funny. I love the comment about the tooth fairy. Deb
A perfect weekend ... so much to be thankful for! I love the pictures, they tell a beautiful story of a special family. I feel so grateful to be able to share a little of your life in this blog. Just beautiful!!
Post a Comment