Monday, September 08, 2008

Pinery

We had some company while we were camping in August. Grandma and Grandpa came out for a day and we took the kids fishing. I think Grandpa enjoyed fishing just as much or more than the kids did.




Grandma and I supervised.

Jade caught a little guy.



Our neighbours came out for a bbq and some s'mores. We tried them with Reece's peanut butter cups and Caramilk bars as well as just plain old chocolate. The peanut butter ones were soooo good.


Our campsite during the second week was right along the river so we always had the canoe ready to go. After dinner Mike and the kids would go for a boat ride. I took them once by myself and after we got the hang of going straight down the river instead of zigzagging from shore to shore it was quite relaxing and fun. I told the kids I would do this more often it was so enjoyable. When we turned around to come back we really had to fight the wind and my tune changed...I was never doing this again!



Jeff, Tammy and Craig tried out camping in their new monster size tent. They had so much fun they stayed for an extra night.



Mark had a friend come out for a visit too. Mike dragged them on this nature trail. He said they complained the whole entire walk! It probably didn't help that Mike told them it was a 6km trail when it really wasn't!









3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you had a good time camping. You deserve to be happy. I love the picture of you in the canoe, with the orange sky and the reflection in the water. It looks like a magazine add.
Love, Deb

Michelle said...

Looks like so much fun! The s'mores sound yummy and the canoe picture is fabulous!!! :-)

missy said...

Again, you guys have SUCH fun!!! I love the pictures of the kids and the family. I also LOVE the sunset picture...It should be on a brochure or in a magazine.

If you need me, I am here. You are never far from my thoughts!