On the 31st of July Mark turned 11 years old. It fell on a Thursday and he was born on a Thursday! I remember that I started my labour at midnight and he finally arrived at 9:27 pm! I also remember that at 9:15 I told everyone in the delivery room I was only doing this until 9:30! Looking back I wonder if they were all laughing at the delusional woman who thought she had some kind of control over the situation. How stupid I would have looked if it went on for hours after 9:30....
We had Grandma and Grandpa, Jeff, Tammy and Craig and Ron, Pam and the girls for a bbq. My dad was not well enought to make it this year. He says he will be fine for Craig's bday party next week though! Andy and Heather brought their kids over later for cake, ice cream and a water balloon fight.
Mark asked for Guitar Hero Aerosmith for his birthday and before the night was over he had enough money to buy one! He also got the MP3 player that he really wanted and some AE t-shirts. The Ripley's book he got has some very gruesome pictures in it...the perfect gift for an 11 year old boy!!
At camp Jade made Mark a bracelet with his favourite hockey team colours and a pop up bday card.
Mike was the water balloon filler-er-upper. He could not keep up with the demand!
Happy Birthday Sweet Mark! We love you to pieces and are so very proud of the young man you are becoming!

3 comments:
Happy birthday Mark!!!!
Happy Belated Birthday Mark! I hope your day was filled with lots of well wishes and great fun! You are a special boy...I just know it.
Note to mom: Can we have an arranged marriage??? : ) He is such a doll! Hee Hee
I can not believe that Mark is 11 already. I remember when you found out you where pregnant with him. Happy Birthday Mark!
Deb
Post a Comment