Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

I was a L.a.z.y. mom today. It rained all day, Mark was at Brandon's and Jade was playing with Emily so I watched movies all afternoon! Toonces sat on my lap and we lazed away.....nice.....

Of course I spent the day thinking about my own mom and how I have never spent a Mother's Day with her with me being a mom. I thought how hard to believe it's my 10th Mother's day. I thought about MJ who is up north and I couldn't say Happy Mother's Day to her. I thought about all the blogger moms who I feel connected to in a special blogger way. I thought about all the moms who are waiting for their babies to come home. I thought of sisters who are moms. I thought of my close friends and aunts and cousins who are moms to people I love. I thought how lucky I am that I get homemade gifts from my babies that I can cherish forever and ever. Along with the special hugs and kisses that came my way today.

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Happy Mother's Day!
Sounds like a nice afternoon of watching movies. We watched a couple of movies this weekend ourselves, it was nice to just relax!

Marla said...

Sounds like a great way to spend a Mother's Day to me!! I love lazy days. :)

Anonymous said...

You had a nice Mothers Day..and that is always a day to reflect on the past and count your blessings. Your a great Mom Sherri!, you learned from the best.
I love you!.

Michelle said...

Sounds like a perfect Mother's Day for a wonderful, inspiring mother! :-)