Friday, March 28, 2008

Those Dots Add Up

Mark has been asking and asking for this:

for his Playstation. Mike and I both thought that is was way too much money for a video game ($180 with tax) so we told him to "Save your money". And he did! He did many jobs so he would get his dot on the calendar (each dot is worth 25-50 cents depending on the job) He had gift cards left over from his birthday and Christmas and a piggy bank full of money (donations to the cause I think!) Every couple of weeks he would make a little chart of how much he had in quarters, nickels, bills etc.

It's amazing what he can accomplish when he's determined.

On Saturday Mike took him to the mall and they came home with Rock Band. Mark was soooooo excited. He put the whole thing together himself and started jamming right away. He is amazing at this game. Jeff had to come over and check it out too. Jade looks so cute when she's banging on the drums.


I'm looking forward to the next thing that Mark wants so desperately. It was nice having my floors swept and the dinner table set and cleared for the last little while!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

I am glad he is enjoying the game he worked so hard for. Jeff came home and said he wanted one too! LOL! He had a lot of fun going to your house to play with Mark! I make him sound like a little kid don't I!

Anonymous said...

LOL.. Tammy make Jeff do some chores around the house to earn some money for that purchase!!!.

Awesome game, my Mike plays it at one of his friends house. We don't have "cool" things like that, at the "uncool" house.!! HAHA!.

Michelle said...

Such a great lesson for Mark to learn ... set a goal, work hard and reap the rewards. Hope he enjoys every moment of his new game.