Tuesday, February 26, 2008

What Year is This???

I must be in a time warp...


Today's Oprah featured Rick Springfield belting out Jessie's Girl and Love Somebody which I can proudly say I remembered each and every word to while I sang it loudly in my living room....like I did when I was 12......
Yes, 12. I am 40 so why is Rick Springfield still singing the same old songs? They bring back fond memories...like me and Debbie being so in love with him and having the t-shirts and the posters and Working Class Dog (the ALBUM that we played on a RECORD PLAYER) which we knew word for word. I have nothing but good memories of the Rick Springfield days, which came after the Shaun Cassidy and Leif Garrett days.
And guess who else was on Oprah?
The Fonz.....
See what I mean.....time warp!!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I remembered all the words, too ... and proceeded to belt them out. Charlotte thought I was a little crazy! :-)

But the Fonz ... loved him then, love him even more now. I just think he's such a classy guy!

missy said...

I saw that show, too! I turned up the tv sang like it was no one's business. Rick still has it in my opinion : )

Anonymous said...

I think everyone watched that show yesterday!! I am a wee bit older and remember him more on General Hospital!!.. Last week though she had David Cassidy on... WOOHOO..

yikes showed my age.. !