Mark loves to earn money so we put a dot on the calendar for each job that he does and each dot is worth 50 cents. My windows were pretty dirty and Mark was pretty bored so I told him I would give him a dot if he washed the windows. Of course he jumped at the chance to earn some money and off he went and washed all my windows!
- Take note of the rink being assembled in the yard behind Mark! It's going to be 2 feet wider this year.
Mark was raking leaves in the backyard the other day, for a dot. I could see him talking so I stuck my head out and asked him who he was talking to. He said "Mom, this is worth about 3 dots...did you see how many leaves are out here?!?!?" He drives a hard bargain but it was worth the $1.50. He puts all his earnings in his bank account and he loves to watch it grow.
The only thing is I feel like singing "Cinderelly, cinderelly" everytime I see my little boy doing my chores since I feel a little guilty. But I figure someday his wife will be thrilled that he learned how to do some of these jobs and she will be so thankful she will be nice to me, the mother in law!

3 comments:
Looks like he is doing a good job. Tell him I have lots of windows he can clean. I will give him lots of dots!
Smiles! :o)
Nikki
Dots..why did I not think of that!!! Do dots work on hubbies too???? I think my Mike would do anything..leaves..windows for that rink every winter. The first time your Mike told my Mike about it, my Mike talked about it for weeks!!!.
This is just too clever... I may have to steal this idea! I love how happy he while he works.
Post a Comment