Sunday, August 19, 2007

Our Weekend at the Lake

Every summer we like to spend a weekend camping in Karen and Ed's backyard. This is not an ordinary backyard, it's like a park! They live on the lake so we park the trailer at the end of the yard and our view from the trailer is Lake Huron. It's gorgeous, calming and sometimes loud! Like Friday night when the wind was so strong we thought we were going to be lifted right off our feet!!

  • Ed plays in a band so on Friday night he let Mark try out a guitar. He was in his glory pretending he was a rock star!!


  • Jade got to be his backup with the tambourine and maraccas.


  • Mark belting out Nickelback tunes. OK...not really belted out, we could hardly hear him, but we cheered loudly for our little Chad Kroeger wannabe.

  • My cousins live next door to Karen so Jade and Mark spent the majority of Saturday with Isabelle and Jake. Isabelle is 5 and Jake is 3. Those girls can scream very shrilly, right Karen?!?

  • Jade collecting rocks for her.....

  • .......snowman made of sand!

  • This picture of Karen kissing Ed fascinated Jade. I think it's sweet, and it's the only picture I took of them together.

  • While Karen and I chatted and caught up on everything, Mark, Mike and Ed played Bocce Ball on the beach. Later we all played and Karen and Ed beat my family's butt! They have more practice!!!

  • Cousins in the hammock.

  • Jade and Isabelle swinging in the hammock singing and screaming! And having fun!!

  • Mark was sooooo good with Jake. Jake jumped on him and beat him up and Mark would pretend he was hurt which cracked Jake right up! It was nice that the kids had other kids to play with. It sure made it easy for us not having to entertain them!

We had an awesome weekend Karen and Ed! Thanks so much for you hospitality. You are the hostess's with the mostess's!

I do have to blog this cribbage moment that Karen and I had today. I was beating Karen really really bad at crib (hee hee) so Karen asked Jade to send her some vibes of Jacks and 5's. So Jade put a piece of paper over her forehead, closed her eyes and sent Karen good vibes for a hand full of Jacks and 5's. Well, guess who got 3 Jacks and a 5 in her hand....it wasn't Karen!!

My lottery ticket was a loser though Karen!!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sherri,
You did not mention that I had won the first crib game.

Karen

Sherri said...

Karen,

LMAO!!!! I don't even know how to respond to this because I'm shocked you commented!!!

Yes, you did win! But do you remember how I almost double skunked you! LOL!!!

Sherri
:)

Michelle said...

Great pictures of what looks to be a fun weekend! Everyone looks so happy!