Friday, July 20, 2007

Just Hangin' Out.

This has been a strange kind of week. The weather has been crappy - yes, I said crappy. I feel as though I have been ripped off a week of summer. There has been rain, severe thunderstorms and I have had to pull out a sweatshirt once or twice. July is my favourite month and this week has had a bit of a autumn feel to it!

Enough whining!

The kids have been doing their thing this week with sleepovers and hanging out with friends. We had the guy come to start working on our front porch. This job was supposed to be done by a team in only one day. There has been only one guy and he's been here 2 full days and needs to come back. And Mike isn't too happy with what he has done yet. I'm hoping it's just because he's not done and so Mike isn't seeing the finished product but I'm a little stressed that what we are seeing IS the finished product because he hasn't shown up for 2 days!

This is the week where bands come and perform in the park. There are outdoor concerts 4 nights in a row. I took Mark and Colin down so we could eavesdrop on the Nickelback concert. The picture is not good at all and I was going to delete it, but you do get an idea of how close we were to the stage. The blue dots in the back are on the stage where Nickelback was belting out the great tunes. There was also some language that had the boys looking at each other with their jaws dropped down to the dirty old ground! I'm standing behind them saying "You don't ever talk like that!!" "Oh my, rock stars have terrible language, don't they"
Last night Mark went with Jake and his dad to eavesdrop on the Aerosmith concert. I was going to sit on the back deck and listen (because you can hear these concerts all the way across town) but it was soooooo windy you could only hear bits and pieces.


  • Mark and his buddies after a run to the store
  • Jade snuggled Toonces all up with a blanket and a stuffed animal. This girl cracks me up sometimes!

This week we are off for a small vacation. I'm hoping that we will be able to go for the entire week, but I have a feeling that Mike may have to come back for work before the week is done.

No comments: