Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Canada Day in the USA

We decided to venture up the I-75 for the long weekend. The trip which can take up to 4 hours if the traffic is heavy took us 7 hours. We spend 2 hours on the bridge and spent another almost 2 hours in bumper to bumper traffic thanks to construction and an accident. That is my only complaint about the weekend though, because once we got to the trailer the weekend was so relaxing and fun. The kids and I played a lot of cribbage, I read and finished a novel, and Mike worked! His dad wanted some trees cut down before they fell down, so Mike cut down this one and it fell right on top of Hugh's outhouse!!!

  • The tree swing is so much fun!

  • Mark and Jade.
  • Daddy with his girl.


  • Me and my girl.

  • Jade put my flip flops on (or as she calls them: flippy floppy shoes) and Mike's jacket and said she was half man and half woman.

  • Mike bought a drop sheet up north to use as a movie screen. We watched Monster House while sitting by the campfire.


There are always more pics of Jade because Mark normally runs and hides when the camera comes out. Jade, on the other hand, enjoys posing!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy belated Canada Day! I still haven't posted my Canada Day pictures ... I'm a little behind. Sounds like your guys had a great weekend ... after the long drive. What novel did you read? I need to make sure I pack a good one when we go to Newfoundland.

Sherri said...

Hi Michelle,

I'm reading the Nora Roberts trilogy Blue Dahlia, Black Rose and Red Lily. It took 2 months for me to read the first book but only a weekend to read the second! Any Nora Roberts trilogies are good, easy reads.

Did you go to Toronto for Canada Day? I really wish that we could have met for the weekend.
When do you leave for Newfoundland?

Michelle said...

No, we didn't go to Toronto ... we are still toying with going later in the summer. We leave for Nl next Sunday and I will be away for almost 3 weeks. We are bringing Bob's laptop so I might be able to post a little while I'm away. I'll have to use dial up so I'm not sure how painful that will be ...

Sherri said...

Please suffer the pain because 3 weeks is way too long to go without any pictures!! Even just a little story to tide me over would be appreciated if pictures are impossible. If I hear nothing please know that I am going through 'Isabella and Charlotte Withdrawal' but hoping you are having a terrific time!

Have a great trip!