Monday, June 04, 2007

First Weekend of June

It was a beautiful weekend for camping. My kind of weather...nice and warm. A little too warm for Mike who turned the air conditioner on in the trailer. (We are sooooo opposite in our weather preferences!) We spent Saturday afternoon in Grand Bend. Mike and the kids played some mini golf and then we sat on the deck of a beachside restaurant for lunch.


  • We did a little shopping at 'Sea Jewels' and I bought Jade the cutest little toe ring. She lost it down the bathtub drain on Sunday night though, so all we have is this picture. I knew she was too young, but I couldn't resist it. Thank goodness it wasn't that much money.

  • Mike and I found some Jiffy Pop. We had to buy it and share the Jiffy Pop experience with the kids! They thought it was pretty neat when the foil started to puff up! And it tasted really good, especially while watching a movie before bed. We were going to watch the movie outside by the fire, but it started to rain.


  • When we got home on Sunday, we got all cleaned up and went to Jeff's new house for a bbq to celebrate his 38th birthday! It was a lot of fun. Their house is looking amazing. I can't believe how organized they are! And it was really fun meeting Tammy's family.



Look how cute Tammy is pregnant! 2 months to go!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Fabulous post! I love the toe ring - I guess it was good while it lasted! :-) I have to buy us some Jiffy Pop ... I had completely forgotton about that. Where did you find it? Tammy looks beautiful ... simply glowing!

I really look forward to your post weekend blogs - it always looks like you guys have so much fun camping. We actually went and had a look at trailers a few weeks ago ... you just might be inspiring me.:-) Maybe in a few years we might decide to invest ... wow trailers are pretty sophisticated these days.

Sherri said...

Thanks Michelle! I'm so glad you like my posts!
We found the Jiffy Pop at the store in the Pinery. The Pinery is our favourite park to camp in. I'm going to see if I can find it at a grocery store here.

I agree that some trailers can be amazing! We've seen some with gas fireplaces in them! Camping is fun for the whole family and the memories are lifelong. I recommend it!