Friday, February 09, 2007

Good Report Card Jade!

The kindergarten students got their first report cards yesterday. Jade's was very positive and we are very proud of her! Since Mike gives Mark a dollar for every A he gets, she thought she deserved some money too! So now she's $3 richer! Jade's wants to read, and she's trying really, really hard, but sometimes it's like she just doesn't get it. For example, she will read "was" on a page and when it appears again it's like she's never seen it before. Her teacher and the woman who reads with the kids say she's right where she is supposed to be and that she can read 2 and 3 letter words, but with me she can't. I try not to get frustrated with her, but sometimes I just can't help it! She will stumble on "it" "is" for me, but not for them????
Yesterday I was helping with the grade 1's and asked the teacher for an extra copy of the worksheet she was doing with them. It was word families. So, for example you take "ad"and put a "b" in front of it to spell "bad" etc. Well, I brought it home, told Jade the grade 1 teacher thought she could do this worksheet, and she sat at the table and finished it lickity split...even reading the words she made. So, what's up with that!!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job on your report card Jade!!

Michelle said...

Way to go Jade! You are beautiful and very smart!