Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Where's Winter?

I have to ask this because today it got up to 10 degrees (50 degrees F). Right now, at 10:11pm it's 6 degrees. Mike probably wishes we were camping! We saw people driving around with their windows open and my friend's husband was in SHORTS! It's January!!! I must admit I am a LOVER of the warm weather and honestly don't mind not having to bundle the kids up in snowpants etc just to go from the truck to the mall or the arena, but I can't help but feel bad for Mike for putting up the rink and not being able to use it yet. And for Mark, who got a pail of pucks for Christmas (Thanks J's!) to use on the rink. Jade loves just playing in the snow and from what the weather guys are saying it's going to be like this through March!

January is the dreaded bad weather month here. It's the month where our pipes in our old house froze and we couldn't use any water. It's the month where there is always the one big dump of snow that gets us a day off! It was SUNNY and WARM today. My neighbour and my in-laws are seeing their flowers pop up!

I have to admit that I am missing it a little. Just the playing in the snow part!! Not the shovelling, scraping windows and shivering part!

I'm not able to post any pictures today. I'll try again tomorrow.

No comments: