Monday, January 08, 2007

Another memory from China

Tonight while I was putting Jade to bed we were talking about Chinese New Year. I told her we could get some Chinese food for dinner and I would try and find some red envelopes to put money in for good luck. She told me I should have bought them at The Great Wall of China.

Me: "They didn't sell them there"
J: "Yes they did. I saw them"
M: "How would you remember that! You were 10 months old. Just a baby."
J: "I remember wearing a blue coat and dad carrying me"

Which is true, but she's seen the pictures!

M:"If you remember that, do you remember what you were thinking when the Chinese Nanny gave you to us"
J: "I remember thinking I was shy and thinking 'Who the heck are they?'"





1 comment:

Michelle said...

This is a great post! Jade is very clever ... and quick on her feet! :-)