Tuesday, November 14, 2006

60's Party

Our good friend Ron is turning 40 this week!! So Pam threw a 60's themed party for him! It was amazing to see how many people took the time and effort to dress up and bring the 60's to life! There was a lot of tie dye, peace bling, wigs and, well, use your imagination and think of the 60's and it was there! Ron had a big fire out on the deck in his chiminea. So guess where we found Mike and Ron and, for a while Trever was out there too!


Pam's 60's shirt is actually quite cute! I'm sure it was a zillion times more comfortable than my homemade, made for someone else's body, dress. Sure it's bright and colourful and definitely 60's but I couldn't even lift my arms! I wore it with white knee highs....which are back in style and I bought brand new at Sears! Unlike my dress, which I bought the morning the brand new Goodwill store opened. It took less than 5 minutes for me to find it. It's in awesome condition, and very well made, but I'm sure it was in an old lady's closet for the past 40 years.
This is me and my friend Colleen. She normally has brown hair! It's too bad you can't see her mini skirt....it's rainbow striped! My friend Christine, who even on the hottest day in the summer won't wear a tank top, wore a sleeveless skimpy top which showed her shoulders and cleavage!! We were teasing her, and I suppose we should apologize...but it was Hot Christine!!!

Bruce and Cindy were both in black wigs....Bruce's an afro and Cindy's like Colleen's only black.

John somehow squeezed into his The Who t-shirt from 1982.

Brent had a huge black afro wig with a huge fake joint stuck in it. He opened his vest to show a variety of baggies....ummmmm. All fake stuff of course!

Happy Birthday Ron! We had a blast at your party!


No comments: